Objective Question of Limit State Design of Reinforced Concrete Structure
- At what temperature a mixture of silica, alumina and lime is burnt to produce cement clinkers?
Ans- The mixture of silica , alumina and lime is burnt at a temperature of 1400o -1450o C to obtain cement clinkers.
- What are admixture?
Ans- The material which are used in concreteto modify its properties, are called the admixtures.
- What is the pH value of water to be used in concrete?
Ans- The pH vaule of water used in concrete shall not be less than 6.
- Name of the important factor that affect the strength of concrete?
Ans- Water cement ratio is the main important factor that affects the strength of concrete.
- What is slump?
Ans- The vertical settlement of the compacted concrete on removal of the slump cone is called the slump.
- What is tremie ?
Ans- A vertical pipe through which concrete is placed at the bottom of water, is called tremie.
- What do you mean by limit state?
Ans- The acceptable limit for the safety and serviceability requirements before failure occurs, is called the limit state.
- How capacity of a beam determined?
Ans- The load on the beam which causes yielding of steel, determines capacity of beam.
- Define a deep simply supported beam?
Ans- A beam is said to be a deep beam when the ratio of its effective span (L) to overall depth (D) is less than 2.
- What are reinforced concrete walls?
Ans- It is basically vertical load bearing members with a greater dimension exceeding four times the least lateral dimension and containing not less than 0.4% of vertical reinforcement, are called reinforced concrete walls.